INFORMATION ON SERVICES PROVIDED IN ZEUXIS DAY CARE CENTER
ZEUXIS Day Care Center for the “Psychosocial Support and Non Formal Education of Refugee and Migrant Minors and their Families” is a model space for holistic intervention and interdisciplinary work with refugee and migrant minors, which operates around two axels;
On one hand through the psychological assessment and support by a clinical psychologist, and on the other hand, through the participation of beneficiaries –minors and their parents- in the non-formal educational program, we aim at empowering the beneficiaries to deal with the challenges of the new environment, as well as at training and developing their emotional and cognitive skills.
1. The Psychosocial Service in the Day Care Center operates from Monday to Thursday, from 10 am to 2 pm, providing:
• Psychological assessment and follow-up sessions for refugee and migrant minors
• Psychosocial support of minors and their families through one-to-one or group interventions
• Psycho-education/ Parents’ groups
In order to refer a potential beneficiary to us, you may:
After we have received the form completed, we will contact you to suggest the first available date for an appointment.
2. The Non-Formal Educational Program* operates on a daily basis (Monday to Friday) from 10 am to 6 pm, providing:
• Greek language lessons for parents in the morning
• English language lessons for parents in the morning
• Greek language lessons for students aged 6-15 years old in the afternoon
• English language lessons for students aged 6-15 years old in the afternoon
3. Workshops and activities:
• Workshops on arts, civic & peace-building education, life skills, etc for minors and parents at regular intervals
• Visits to museums
• Recreational and educational activities
Enrollments in the Non-Formal Educational Program take place from Monday to Thursday, from 10 am to 2 pm.
*The courses are conducted for different levels (Greek language: introductory level to A1+, English language: introductory level to A2) and in circles for each level (1-3 months long). The student may be placed in a waiting list until there is a vacancy in the appropriate class for his/her level.
HOURS OPEN FOR PUBLIC (interpretation in Arabic & Farsi):
Monday – Thursday, 10 am – 2 mm